Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hiking to a Water Fall

I was really excited when I found out about a hiking trial with a water fall that you could jump off of. It definitely sounded like some thing I had to do. So we headed to Mamawili Hiking trail.

It's about 1.5 miles to the falls. 


A fun part about this trail is that it crossed the stream a few times and I like stepping on rock to get across.

One of these tress is not like the others, I'll give you a hint it's a palm tree.

The excitement of the waterfall quickly dropped while I saw how many people were there. It seemed like a big family party, they had coolers packed with a lot of food and drinks.

Here is the waterfall, and sure enough people where jumping off of it.

This guy should probably take some diving lessons.

This guy brought his dog but the dog was not all about jumping with him.

This guy ain't scarred.

I decided there were just to many people swimming around to make jumping in worth it. Maybe next time. 

No matter how many times I see it, the mountain range just looks like something out of a movie and not real.

That far away mountain is at Kanahoe Air Force base. I'll be going there soon for a special event, but you have to keep checking my blog to find out what it is.

Trees are just weird here.


A close up of one of the steam crossings on the way back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment