Monday, September 3, 2012

A Day in the Life

I took a walk to Waikiki beach and found a large section of the beach roped off.

This is a Hawaiian monk seal, an endangered species of earless seal that is endemic to the Hawaiian Islands.

He's taking a nap. 

The same day, in September, I saw a man dressed as Santa Clause walking down the sidewalk. You never know what you'll see around here. 

The clouds were perfect to make a great sunset. 

And here are a couple pictures of that sunset.


Five days later I took another walk though Waikiki. I heard about an aquarium that you can swim in so I had to find it. It is at the Pacific Beach Hotel.

This is a three-story, 280,000-gallon, aquarium. It provides views of nearly 400 fish from more than 70 different species of Indo-Pacific marine life.

After checking out the aquarium I went out to enjoy another sunset on the beach. 

Every evening in Waikiki a conch shell is blown and someone runs around lighting tiki torches throughout the area. 

I'm glad that rain is so far away; I've got about a mile and a half walk ahead of me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment