Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Walk around Dimond Head

I decided to go on another long walk so I thought I would head toward diamond head and see where it took me. Turns out it took me around the outside of diamond head and through a number of city blocks. It was about nine miles of walking and of course I took pictures along the way. 

This is Leahi Beach Park


I wouldn't mind living in this house, situated right between Diamond Head and the ocean. 

Here is the Diamond Head light house. The original lighthouse structure was erected in 1899, but the tower in this picture was built in 1917, and stands 55 feet high. 

The original ironwork of the watch room and lantern at Diamond Head are still in use.

The water fountains here at Diamond Head beach park are fairly simple. All drains lead to the ocean so when you are so close to the ocean  why bother with drains. 

In the far off distance you can see Koko Head Crater and the Hanauma Bay crater. 

This park and monument was dedicated and opened on Veteran's Day in 2008. The park is in honor of those who died in Operation Red Wings in Afghanistan.



After reading this plaque it makes you realize there are not enough thank you's and mahalo's in the world for all of our troops. "We hold with reverence the ultimate sacrifice they made... so that others may live in peace and freedom."

A city garden I passed by on my way back home. 

By about 7:45 it had gotten pretty dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment